Click below for information on:
The outline is 'collapsible'. Click on the title to find out more about it.
- What are the Mass times?
- Daily Masses:
- Masses: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Communion Service: & Thursdays
- @ 9:00 AM in the Chapel
- @ 6:30 PM on Wednesdays
- First Friday Mass & Anointing of the Sick:
- Is celebrated at 9:00 AM every First Friday during the daily Mass.
- Eucharistic Adoration:
- Is held on First Friday's of each month (Please see weekly bulletin for schedule and more details).
- I would like to offer a Mass for my loved ones, how do I do this?
- Contact the office (817-326-2131) where you can request a Mass intention for your loved ones.
- I would like to have my child baptized, how do I go about doing this?
- You should live within the Parish boundaries, regularly attend Mass and participate in the parish life at St. Frances or St. Rose of Lima and be registered parishioner.
- To schedule a baptism, go to the Parish office to fill out registration form for classes.
- Once the completed forms are accepted at the parish Office you can attend both: the two classes and the baptism. (A prior class is honored for one year).
- Baptisms are celebrated:
Spanish: the last Saturday of every month at 2:00 p.m.
English: Quarterly during the year. Please call the office for details
- Sorry, we do not have 'individual' baptisms.
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confessions)
- When can I go to Confession?
- Confession time is ordinarily on Saturdays 4:00 p.m.-4.45 p.m.
- Confessions are heard also before or after Daily Masses
- However, if you can not come at this time, see the pastor or call the Parish Office for an appointment.
- Do you celebrate Communal Reconciliation?
- Yes, St. Frances Cabrini Parish normally celebrates Communal Reconciliation during Advent and Lent.
- How far in advance do I need to schedule a wedding?
- The Fort Worth Diocesan policy requires that couples contact the pastor at least six months prior to the tentative wedding date.
- If you wish to have the wedding during some popular months of the year, it is suggested that you make arrangements at least eight months to a year before your planned wedding date, however your marriage preparation will begin within six months of the date of the official ceremony.
- Here are the important requirements for the wedding:
- Sworn testimony of bride and bridegroom.
- Sworn testimony of closest relatives or friend of bride or bridegroom
- Recent copy of the Baptismal Certificate.
- FOCUS inventory
- Marriage Preparation classes, Sponsor Couple Program, Pre-Cana and Engaged Encounter.
- Contact one of the wedding Coordinators to schedule an appointment for the wedding rehearsal. They can also tell you what is acceptable and permitted during the wedding ceremony.
- I am not a member of St. Frances Cabrini, but I would like to get married in this Church, how do I go about doing this?
- Preferences for the use of the Church facilities are given to registered members of the Parish or to those who live within the parish boundaries. You will need to speak with the pastor who will examine your personal situation and if there is a valid reason and he approves, he will request you contact your parish priests and receive written permission to have the wedding solemnized at St. Frances.
- Normally paperwork and marriage preparation classes are to be done through your local parish. All canonical requirements must be completed and submitted to St. Frances one month before the wedding.
I would like to have my house blessed, how do I go about it?
- Call the parish office to make an appointment. The pastor or one of the deacons will return your call.
When can I have my car or some devotional object (crosses, medals, images) blessed?
- Just ask one of the pastor or one of the deacons to bless it before or after any of the daily or weekend Masses. If you want to make a special appointment for this, then call the Office.
What is CCD (Catechism or Sunday School)
- It stands for Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. Briefly it is a program that teaches the children the basics of our Faith. See the section on the SACRAMENTS which explains at length the goals of CCD.
When do I enroll my child in CCD?
- Call the CCD office at 817-326-2131 for the specific time and date of enrollment. Usually enrollment takes place towards the end of August or early September.
- Who do I contact for questions about becoming Catholics?
- Call Mrs. Annette Bohrer or Mr. Bob Schnick directors of the RCIA at 817-326-2131 or drop by the parish office to speak with a member of the staff.
- When do RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) classes start?
- Formation classes can start at any time. The Sacraments are received at the Easter Vigil (Holy Saturday) evening service. Classes are twice a week (Sundays and Mondays). We have several formation classes, please contact Annette or Bob for more information.
Why do I need to register in the Parish?
- All those who live in the boundary of St. Francesís Parish or St. Rose of Lima are requested to register with the Parish Office.
- There are several reasons for this request.
- First, registration gives you the right and privileges to use the services of the parish.
- Second, it is a sign that you are willing to participate fully in the work of the Church.
- Third, it is a way for the Parish to know who comes and worship at St. Frances Cabrini Parish or St. Rose of Lima so that it can better serve its parishioners. Your contributions are recorded for your tax records through the envelope system.
How do I register?
- There are several ways to do this.
- First, you can call the office (817-326-2131) and request that a form to be sent to you.
- Second, you can stop by the office and fill out the form.
- Third, you may pick up a form found in the vestibule of the church, fill it out and drop it in the collection basket (Ushers can provide you also with forms)
I would like to volunteer my time to the Church, can the church use my skills?
- The Church can certainly make use of your skills and talents. Look at the various ministries and organizations or you can call the office (817-326-2131) to know the current leadership of the different groups.
- You may also contact the office and indicate where you may want to share your talents.
When is a good time to contact the parish?
- You can contact the parish office during the regular hours, Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM.
The next Women's week-end is
Feb. 1 & 2, 2014.
The next Men's week-end is
Feb. 8 & 9 2014
Please consider attending. You will not regret it.
For more information, contact